It’s been a little while, but I’ve learned that when you are trying to create a new habit it does sometimes take a little while for it to stick. I must not be hard on myself for not doing it, just vow to continue trying in the future. This past month has been a great one! To recap here are the highlights.
- We got to enjoy visiting our old place of work (Maxie’s) for the awesome 10 year anniversary and Derby Day party! Every year they have a great party which helps support the Hunger Task Force and they have lots of great activities and food! It was really enjoyable because it was sunny, we got to see a lot of our old friends, and we weren’t working!
- We did our first Madison Night Market and it was AWESOME! Perfect weather, super awesome crowd, and lots of people went home happy with some Artery Ink goodies. We loved it so much we are going back for the next one on June 8th!!
- Katy Perry announced the release of her new album - WE CANNOT WAIT (and she did Carpool Karaoke with James Cordon, who we LOVE, and we have been waiting for her to go on that show for about a year - finally!!). #hugefan #cantwait
- We had the pleasure of doing a Midwife Conference in Chicago which was AMAZING. Met so many wonderful and inspiring people, sold out of pretty much all of our “women themed” items and just had a wonderful time overall.
- We finally planted some herbs and veggies in our gardens! We are growing broccoli, cauliflower, peas, kale, butter lettuce, chard, collard greens, cilantro, parsley, thyme, oregano, rosemary… and probably more that I’m forgetting about.
- And, finally, our coloring book, Show Me Your Guts won FIRST PLACE in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards under the category GIFT/SPECIALTY/NOVELTY. WOW! What an honor!! We couldn’t believe it!! We ordered fancy “first place winner” gold star stickers to put on our books and I GUESS we can now say we’re award winning authors!? Ha! What a dream come true!
Well, those are really the big highlights of the month, but I think an overall theme we have been concentrating on and really feeling over the past few weeks is GRATITUDE. I feel like it is so, so, SO important to be thankful for the things we have - even if they’re small. The more thankful we are for all that we have and get to do the more we enjoy our lives. It may be easy to compare your life to the lives of people all over the world and feel pretty selfish (or spoiled) for all of the things we have and all of the things we can be grateful for, but the bottom line is: If you can be grateful for all that you have, you become happier, which then puts you in the position where you can then help people who don’t have as much as you do. As they always say, we must help ourselves before we can help others.
Well, to keep you updated this FRIDAY we have Bay View Gallery Night at Colectivo (6-2-17) and SATURDAY (6-3-17) we have the first Tosa Farmers Market of the season! Hoping for great weather and hoping to see a lot of friendly faces!!